Keeping your product updated to the latest version of firmware can improve its functionality, stability, and use experience. When the app prompts that there is a new firmware available, it is recommended that you update the firmware in a timely manner. If the firmware of an earlier version is used for a long time, it may affect the performance of the product.
Refer to the following steps for more details about the firmware upgrade.
Firmware Update Tutorial
Update Firmware video
|DJI Mini 4 Pro
DJI Air 3
DJI Mavic 3 series
DJI Air 2S/Mavic Air 2
DJI Mini 3/3 Pro
DJI Mini 2/2 SE
DJI Mini SE
DJI Mavic 2
Two common firmware update methods are available (different updating methods are applicable to different products):
1. Updating via app
2. Updating via DJI Assistant 2
Updating via app
The following steps use DJI Fly app and Mavic Air 2 as an example to describe how to use the DJI Fly app to install a firmware upgrade.
1. Power on the drone and remote controller. After the drone is connected to the app, tap Update when the app displays a prompt indicating that there is new firmware available.
2. During the download, keep the mobile device network connected and the app will automatically download the firmware.
3. After the firmware is downloaded, tap Update to start updating the firmware. When the progress bar is completed, the firmware is updated successfully. Then the drone will restart automatically.
* Do not power off your drone or exit the app during the update process.
Updating via DJI Assistant 2
1. Power on the drone, insert a USB cable on the side of the drone, and connect it to a computer.
2. Launch DJI Assistant 2, log in with your DJI account, and click the device shown under CONNECTED DEVICES.
3. Wait for the software interface to load the drone firmware list, and click UPGRADE.
4. After the upgrade is completed, the drone will automatically restart.
* Different aircraft use different versions of DJI Assistant 2. Please refer to the following list to download the corresponding software:
DJI Mini 4 Pro
DJI Air 3
DJI Mavic 3 Pro
DJI Mini 2/DJI Mini 2 SE
Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom
Mavic 2 Enterprise Series
DJI Smart Controller
Phantom 4 Pro
DJI Goggles RE
If the firmware update fails, please check Aircraft Firmware Update Failure.